New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zeiss Conquest
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can some body tell me where the Conquest riflescopes are made? What is about the story of those scpoes being made by Meopta?

Leupoldo

One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
Wherever they are being made they are doing a damn good job of it!

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Zeiss Conquest are assembled in the USA. I believe the lenses are from Germany. They are not made by Meopta, hadn't heard that yet.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I recently bought two 4.5x14's and flat love them. One has a 50mm lens with the target turrents and mildots. The other is a standard 44mm Z-Plex. I compared them to a friends Leupold VXIII's in same power. The Zeiss blew them away in late evening light. I may be replacing more of my Burris's with the Zeiss.

Texas Verminator
Verminator Predator Calls Pro Staff

Posts: 261 | Location: Big Spring, Texas | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the inputs. I just got that email from Zeiss USA:
"All of the parts are Made in Germany but sent to the US and the scope is assembled in the US."

Thank you for your inquiry.
Have a great day.
Best Regards,

Kristen Totoritis

Carl Zeiss Optical,Inc.
Customer Service Department
13005 N. Kingston Ave.
Chester, VA 23836
800-441-3005
804-530-8300

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have one of the 4.5-14x44's without the AO and love it. much brighter than the leupold and the reticle doesnt reflect or shine.

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leupoldo:
Thanks for all the inputs. I just got that email from Zeiss USA:
"All of the parts are Made in Germany but sent to the US and the scope is assembled in the US."

Thank you for your inquiry.
Have a great day.
Best Regards,

Kristen Totoritis

Carl Zeiss Optical,Inc.
Customer Service Department
13005 N. Kingston Ave.
Chester, VA 23836
800-441-3005
804-530-8300

FWIW, Kris is a great person to contact for technical info over at Zeiss.

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3667 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miles58
posted Hide Post
My understanding is that all of the glass for all of the Zeiss' comes out of the Schott glass works. Further, Swarovski, Kahles (a Swaro subsidiary) Schmidt & Bender and Dokter all also use Schott glass.

Can anyone confirm that please?

Posts: 961 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got a 3-9 and 3.5-10 in the mail today...and am damn impressed with them...also won a bid on a 4.5-14 for 580
today...all NIB....and am anxiously awaiting its arrival...the glass just looking side by side with my Leupolds is so far superior in clarity...there really is no comparison...may just dump all my Leupolds and get Conquests...

Posts: 184 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gila, I think you are the one that beat me on that bid. It sucks, I was at work and couldn't bid higher. Bought another 4.5-14 for 613.00,,, still a good price.

Texas Verminator

Posts: 261 | Location: Big Spring, Texas | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think maybe you are right...funny we are both on this board..
but I recall your handle...I had bid 600 and let autobid work it out for me...figuring that anything under 699 was bargain country..
you did allright also if you got one for 613...I'd buy another for that price and be happy...my final was 580...I think I may just liqiudate the rest of my Leupolds...and maybe get some more Nikons but am certainly pleased with the Conquests...Blessings...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had it set at 575.00 and the last time I saw it was around 520. I've been buying them at Holster Supply for 649 which is still a bargain. A couple of gunshops in San Angelo last weekend had them over 750.00 for the plain 4.5-14x44. I still need a couple more of the Zeiss. May put a 3.5-10 on my 300WSM.

Texas Verminator

One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen

I think that a lot of the plain reticle Conquests are being cleared out to make way for the RapidZ's. Hate to bust your bubble, but I just recently bought a 4.5x14.44 Conquest with a RapidZ 800 for $659.00 from Jon at the Optic Zone.

After having several of these types of reticles in several different scope (Kahles/TDS, Burris/BMD, 2 Kahles/MultiZero's and now the RapidZ 800) and shooting them at extended ranges, I will not have another scope without a ballistic reticle (Anyone want to buy a Zeiss Diavari 2.5x10x50 T*?).

My point is that you are buying scopes that will not be as popular in the future, sorta like one without a side focus parallax. That may be why you are starting to see them on the auction sites.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TX6BR: yessir I got the 3.5-10 for my 300WM, the 3-9 for my 338WM, and the 4.5-14 for the 264WM I am having PacNor build for me on a Hawkeye 7mmRM swapping the barrel out...really do like these better than anything else I have looked through...could use a few more 3-9 or 3.5-10 and another 4.5-14 for my various rifles..Blessings...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We started to receive all the show pieces from Zeiss' SCI booth today. Many deals to be had in Riflescopes with Rapid Z, as well as most other reticles, Binoculars and Spotters. I will work on inventorying it all this weekend. If there is anything in Zeiss that you are interested in please feel free to contact me thru PM or e-mail about it

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3667 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by miles58:
My understanding is that all of the glass for all of the Zeiss' comes out of the Schott glass works. Further, Swarovski, Kahles (a Swaro subsidiary) Schmidt & Bender and Dokter all also use Schott glass.

Can anyone confirm that please?

IOR also. Tom.

WEST BY GOD VIRGINIA

Posts: 248 | Location: RIVESVILLE, WV | Registered: 20 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Better than any 1 inch Leupold made! Have several, want to try the 3-12x50.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miles58
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think that a lot of the plain reticle Conquests are being cleared out to make way for the RapidZ's. Hate to bust your bubble, but I just recently bought a 4.5x14.44 Conquest with a RapidZ 800 for $659.00 from Jon at the Optic Zone.

After having several of these types of reticles in several different scope (Kahles/TDS, Burris/BMD, 2 Kahles/MultiZero's and now the RapidZ 800) and shooting them at extended ranges, I will not have another scope without a ballistic reticle (Anyone want to buy a Zeiss Diavari 2.5x10x50 T*?).

I'd be happy to give you 659 for the Diavari.

One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by miles58:

I'd be happy to give you 659 for the Diavari.

You're $8.00 short of 2/3 of the way there. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of miles58
posted Hide Post
quote:
You're $8.00 short of 2/3 of the way there. Big Grin

For whacking Bambi up here in Minnesota the Diavari 1.5-6 x 42 is about perfect, but I think I could suffer with a 2.5-10. I had to ask did you want the price of another conquest for that crusty old Diavari.

Good Hunting!

One of Us
Picture of 12FVSS260
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to seeing what the show demos will be going for from Doug in a couple more days.

Dave

If Accurate Rifles are Interesting.........I've Got Some Savage Rifles That Are Getting Mighty Interesting.....

Posts: 257 | Location: Central Maine | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote