Find
Notify
Tools

Leica Geovid HD-B Anyone??
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of hunt99
posted
Has anyone taken the plunge on the new Leica Geovid HD-B yet? I just read the Outdoor Life Test and had been thinking about trading in or selling my Swarovski 10X42 ELs and Leica rangefinder for a single unit. This might be the one although the $2995 is quite spendy but might just be worth it.

The only other major turn-off (other than price and not trying a pair out yet!) is the weight. I was hoping for something lighter than 35 oz.

Anyone else looking at these?

I hunt to live and live to hunt!

Posts: 299 | Location: Big Sky Country! | Registered: 19 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
Well, Leica says not bevor July to make any delivery as they have Problems in manufaction

AND

I have seen those binos on the IWA Show yet and compared them: I would definetly go with the Swarovski EL Range instead as the new Geovid HD-B did not had that crisp clear and sharp Image of the Swaro EL Range... !!

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had a pair pre-ordered since March. These delays are starting to get annoying. Been planning on using them this fall.

I like the swaro EL range, I just can't understand why the hell they put the rangefinder button on the LEFT hand side! at first seems like no big deal, but keeping them steady to get a good reading is little more difficult for me having to press down with my weaker hand. I love the Leica rangefinders, so it was a no-brainer for me. hopefully they get here in the next month or two.

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also ordered them last March, but have gotten tired of waiting and cancelled my order. I will wait and read the reviews before I order again, if I do.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hunt99
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have seen those binos on the IWA Show yet and compared them: I would definetly go with the Swarovski EL Range instead as the new Geovid HD-B did not had that crisp clear and sharp Image of the Swaro EL Range... !!

That is good feedback as I have used Swaro ELs for more than a decade and love them. How about the bumps for the electronics under the tubes? Were those at all irritating? I like the weight to the Swaro EL Range better and it is good to have a side by side comparison!

I hunt to live and live to hunt!

Posts: 299 | Location: Big Sky Country! | Registered: 19 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
Well, thosee bumps under the main bino are looking strange first, but you won´t even notice them when you are out in the field using the bino... Just when You lay the binos aside, you will notice that it does not lay "ordinary" on the ground - that´s all...!

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a pair of Leica Geovids. That said I would never buy another combination glass. The vast majority of the time you look through a binocular you don't use the rangefinder feature. I find the extra weight to be uncomfortable after a days use. I am going to have a binocular sale pretty soon and wind up with a Leica 8x32 bino and a pocket sized rangefinder.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote