New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bushnell & Nikon ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Been looking at the Nikon Monarch 6-24x50 and the Bushnell 4.5-30x50. The Nikon is a 1" tube and the Bushnell is 30mm. Eye relief is almost the same. The Nikon is roughly $100 cheaper which is not a factor. Anyone have any further input between these two scopes in the area of brightness or durability? Going on a Remmy 700 243 with a #5.5 Krieger in a first model Sendero stock ranging to @ 500yds.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am a huge fan of Nikon scopes and the one you mention would be an excellent choice. I am not familiar with the new Bushnells but my experience with the 3200s and 4200s left me critical of them. More specifically, their clarity and eyebox at higher magnifications left a lot to be desired. That may be addressed in the new line, but I don't know.

Another thing to think about is whether you want or need that much top end magnification. Mirage will be a real problem in warmer weather. See the thread lower down this page for some discussion on this.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't forget to look at the adjustment. I also am a fan of the Nikons for the money. But I think the nikon will have 34 moa adjustment and the Bushnell will have 50 MOA. Other than that, I really don't know much about the 6500 series. I know the 4200 is known to be a good buy. I'd lean to the bushnell in that case. However, for the money I'd also look hard at this http://www.swfa.com/pc-12947-1...30mm-riflescope.aspx

Posts: 127 | Location: Central Mn | Registered: 12 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nikon!!!!

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote