Notify
Tools

Weaver Customer Service Now Sucks!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=...=117105786#117105786

Just posting this here also!

We don't need to put up with Crap customer service....

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SempreElk
posted Hide Post
223 is a scope wrecker . A caliber of that magnitude needs a nightforce minimum in badger bases and rings. pissers Thanks for the heads up I was going to buy a V1-3 for a 45/70 guess it will be another brand instead

Posts: 1779 | Location: Southeast | Registered: 31 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the Weaver scopes. I had a few of them years back when they were part of the RCBS Outers group, and those made in Japan scopes were very good for the money. I really like the KT-15 scope I had on a Savage .223, and the V9 and V10 were pretty good, too. My current scopes are a couple of Burris Fullfield II 3-9 Ballistiplex, a Nikon Buckmasters 4.5-14 SF, and my latest, a Leupold VX-3 4.5-14. The Leupold is nice, but for the money, the Buckmasters is pretty good, too. I guess I can cross the Weavers off the list of future options.

Bullets are pretty worthless. All they do is hang around waiting to get loaded.

Posts: 515 | Location: kennewick, wa | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I sent a 6 to 20 grand slam back that was totally destroyed from a fall about 10 weeks ago. They sent me a replacement at no charge so they have served me just fine.

Posts: 165 | Location: PA | Registered: 22 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
223 is a scope wrecker .

I saw a Bushnell 4X12 that came apart on an AR-15.
The rear lens inside of the power change tube popped out of the tube. You could see it loose inside the ocular bell. I supposed it must have been glued into the tube and the reciprocation of the AR-15 bolt knocked it loose. Anyway no cheap scopes for me.

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2ndtimer:
Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the Weaver scopes. I had a few of them years back when they were part of the RCBS Outers group, and those made in Japan scopes were very good for the money. I really like the KT-15 scope I had on a Savage .223, and the V9 and V10 were pretty good, too. My current scopes are a couple of Burris Fullfield II 3-9 Ballistiplex, a Nikon Buckmasters 4.5-14 SF, and my latest, a Leupold VX-3 4.5-14. The Leupold is nice, but for the money, the Buckmasters is pretty good, too. I guess I can cross the Weavers off the list of future options.

I feel the same.. Reluctantly.. but that is how I look at them since Meade purchased them....

Nikon Buckmasters and the Monarchs are pretty darn decent scopes....

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote