THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Not sure what I have? Swarovski Scope Question

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not sure what I have? Swarovski Scope Question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Recently got a Swaro 1.5-6x42 Habicht scope on a rifle I bought.

Got it home and started playing with the scope. Its FFP, 30mm tube, with the circle reticle (small circle around the crosshairs).

here is where it got interesting, I noticed the elevation adjustment seemed a bit tall, screwed off the top part and there was a 2032 battery in there, then the bottom came off with the traditional elevation adjustments.

There is no visible way to turn on illumination so I'm questioning what I've got?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Posts: 504 | Location: California | Registered: 04 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Wikipedia says Swaro's first hunting scopes with illuminated reticles were made in 1993. So, if Habicht denotes an older model, maybe it was made last century.

I see there's an illuminated Habicht 1.25-4x24 on ebay at the moment. It has the high turret and the weird reticle you describe and the vendor wants $800 for it. 'tom.cat's scope's illumination does work - maybe you could ask him how it is turned on, via the ebay queries facility.

Posts: 5011 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dom
posted Hide Post
I have an early model Swaro, 3-12x56, and to make it the illuminated model a tall turret type adjuster replaced the elevation cap. It screwed on top of the top turret, and includes a battery to illuminate a dot in a Nr 4 Crosshair. You turn the entire turret to turn it on, and can adjust the brightness. Works great. Not a close up but shows the top turret. This I believe I purchased early 2000's.

-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom ---------

Posts: 728 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, i have one like that here on my friend's rifle.

Posts: 20139 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote