Tools

Bear Basin woes
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Finally got a response from them regarding an order after sending this:

Dear Bear Basin:
I ordered a Bushnell Elite pistol scope on April 24. My order status window showed processing — for weeks. I called in late May and spoke to a guy who said you had tried to contact me to tell me the Elite 3200 had been replaced by the 3500, but you screwed up my e-mail and I never got the message. He was apologetic, and when I asked to change the order to an in-stock Nikon Force XR 2.5-8X (NIK8468) he offered it to me at the $277.95 price of the Bushnell because of the delay on your end. I accepted. My Discover card was charged on May 25. Since then I have received nothing — no scope, no tracking number, no change in my order status, no response to e-mails.
I called again and the guy I spoke to said the scope had shipped from your Midwest warehouse. This was about two weeks ago, so my questions are:
WHERE IS MY TRACKING?
DID YOU SHIP IT BY FUCKING FREIGHTER CANOE?
DID YOU SHIP TO THE ADDRESS IN MY ACCOUNT?
WHAT IS UP WITH BEAR BASIN?
I bought from you some years ago with perfect satisfaction.
This time it is some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced — EVER.
Bill Powell

P.S. This will be the third or fourth e-mail I have sent on this and I doubt you will respond.

Mad

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16532 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
I hope they make this right for you -- and quickly. I bought a couple of scopes from them with perfect results, but that has been a number of years ago.

Thanks for sharing this, and please keep us posted on what transpires.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9374 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
go back to the credit card company and tell them about it. they probably will refund you or at least talk to bear basin and get them to move

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
They told me yesterday they put a trace on the scope they say they shipped, but are shipping another one. Will report when they send tracking.

– John Green, author

Posts: 16532 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Have a tracking number. Hoping for Saturday or Monday. Will confirm. Glad they are taking are of this. I think it is a case of an occasional customer falling through the cracks.

– John Green, author

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Scope arrived yesterday, and I had good e-mail support until it did. I am going to write off this episode as the exception that proves the rule, and will consider buying from Bear Basin again. I appreciate it when an outfit admits error and promptly corrects it.

– John Green, author

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Glad it worked out. No company is immune from mistakes, but it is the way they handle them that makes the difference.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9374 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote