THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Has anyone tried the New Redfield or Simmons Lines yet?...

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone tried the New Redfield or Simmons Lines yet?...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted
Seems like Meade has made some great changes to the two lines. The design is quite interesting. If the Simmons lines will live up to the advertising and reviews they have recieved, they should be "The Scope" as far as mid priced optics are concerned.

I'm surprised they were able to put rain coatings on the lens, I thought Bushnell had the patents on such coatings. They must have changed the formula just enough.

If any of you get your hands on one of these new lines, Fill us all in.

Good Luck!

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
I thought that doing away with the spring on the erector assembly, and the 5x zoom were pretty seductive. It they are durable, they will leap frog the competition. I think I'm going to let someone else do the torture test, though. I've bought enough cheap scopes in my life-time. JMO, Dutch.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There's a thread at RFC stating that the Simmons Master series will be available sometime this month but the Aetecs won't be available for another couple months.

http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91839

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Jon,

Are you going to carry these two new Lines?

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Reloader,

Yes we are going to be carrying these lines. We are not updating the website until they become available. We get to many complaints that they are on our website and not available so we are just waiting.

Posts: 750 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Jon, When you get em' in stock, let us know what ya think.

When do you think you will have them

Thanks,

Reloader

one of us
posted Hide Post
The tentative ETA is for sometime in July for the Aetec's and sometime the end of June for the rest of the line.

Posts: 750 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any updates on the new Redfields, yet?

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the customer service:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1421043/m/446104256

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of woodseye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't forget the customer service:

I've learned to consider this point as one of the most important scope features.......if and when you need the company to promptly and correctly fix or replace a scope problem....service leaps to the forefront. What Frank went thru shouldn't exist in this day and age of scope warranties and service. Any company that chooses to operate in this manner won't get my business.......

woods

Savage ML'er....... a New Generation Traditionalist....... Thanks to Henry Ball

Posts: 672 | Location: Northern Border Country | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SempreElk
posted Hide Post
I'll buy American,European and Japanese(Phillipine) Optics but will not buy anything made in China for a lot of reasons. One being that I have not seen anything coming out of there that suggests they are at or near the level of the previously mentioned countries. Simmons(Meade) has been trumpeting these things going on 2 years or so and they still don't have their ducks in a row and have not delivered to dealers. Like mentioned before I want a company that delivers customer service if required.

Posts: 1779 | Location: Southeast | Registered: 31 March 2003Reply With Quote