THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Simmons Aetec vs Bushnell Legend.....???
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of TReX300
posted
I'm looking for a new scope for my .22-250. I use it for hunting Coyotes mainly but do some other hunting with it aswell. I dont have a pile of cash right now (divorce thumbdown ) so I've narrowed it down to a couple possible choices. Either the Bushnell Legend 5-15x40 AO or the Simmons Aetec 4.5-14x44 SF. No one local handles the Simmons so I've never had a chance to hand that model but did own a 44MAG a bunch of years ago that did me well. I like the specs on the Aetec as far as eye relief, field of view and the larger odjective for light gathering, aswell as the idea of side focus. My huting partner has the Bushnell Legend, its been very good to him over the last couple years. I like how clear and bright it is and also like the the Mil-dot reticle. I know Simmons makes some lower end total crap scopes but so does Bushnell. Any first had experience with either of these scopes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tim

Posts: 48 | Location: Essex, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 19 October 2004Reply With Quote