THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Anyone have a contact number for Butler Creek?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have a contact number for Butler Creek?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted
Dear all

Not sure this is the correct section but after becoming increasingly frustrated with the shockingly poor quality in recent years of Butler Creek scope covers, I would like to contact Butler Creek to let them know of the poor quality of their scope covers and my dissatisfaction as a customer. However when I open their official website there seems to be no contact information.

Does anyone have a contact telephone number for them?

I am based in the Uk and therefore don't have access to DQ as such or else I would look up their number accordingly.

Many thanks in advance.

JB

Posts: 596 | Location: Cheshire, England | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
www.butlercreek.com/customer_service.html

I agree about the quality. Broke a few and gave up on them. In cold weather the hinges snap right off

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted Hide Post
Ken

Many thanks. I don't think I looked hard enough!

I have 2 that are about 12 or more years old and they are still going strong no problem. Of the ones I have bought recently I have had 7 snap at the hinge. I then bought 2 more as replacements. The first one I have put on has just snapped at the hinge again upon opening (so that makes 8 and I have just got the other out of the blister pack and guess what that doesn't even close! Unbelievable. That was the final straw which led me to post this thread.

In the UK they cost circa £15 for each cover and they are definitely not fit for purpose.

Anyway I will give them a call next job and post the outcome.

Thanks again.

Posts: 596 | Location: Cheshire, England | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted Hide Post
I spoke to one of their Customer Service reps and he asked me to email explaining the issue.

I've just done it so we will see how we get on.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I had to search google to get that page. They have no link for it on site

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
They had a major quality problem the past few years. The new ones are supposedly like the older ones and will hold up. I don't know anyone that has tried the new ones yet. I would sure want to know how to tell the new ones from the shoddy ones that may have been sitting on the shelf for a bit.

Keep us posted.

Thanks,

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted Hide Post
Interesting Bob and yes you wouldn't want to buy old stock.

It will be a week tomorrow when I spoke and emailed BC Customer Service an so far I haven't heard a bean.

If work doesn't get in the way tomorrow I will call for an update.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buy Bikinis, foolproof, cheaper and nothing to cut you.

Posts: 801 | Location: Pinedale WY USA & Key West FL USA | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With Quote