THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    HELP! Is It Broken Or Am I stupid?? Kahles Hella

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HELP! Is It Broken Or Am I stupid?? Kahles Hella
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just got my 1923 Mauser 9.3X62 back from NECG after having them replace the claw mounts that have been missing since G.I bring back of WWII

Here's the deal. This is a Hella 2.3-7 mod.27L2 Tapered post w/crosshair. I figured out the focus locking screw no problem, but as NECG had this gun a year or so I don't recall there being an issue wth power adj. (I bought the scope used) I can't get the power adjustment ring to turn, it feels like it's mechanicly locked at the lowest power.. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something that can be done wrong on something so simple??

Thanks All

MM

MopaneMike

Posts: 1112 | Location: Southern California USA | Registered: 21 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the rear ring has been tightened too much.

Posts: 168 | Location: North of the Arctic circle,in Sweden | Registered: 15 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or the scope power adjuster is to close to the rear ring. Chances are you didn't damage anything.

til later

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nope & Nope... There is no lock ring on the focus, small screw locks down the focus.

The power selector is the only ring.. I just don't want to force anything and cause damage..

MopaneMike

Posts: 1112 | Location: Southern California USA | Registered: 21 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are we talking about the same ring here? I mean the rear ring that surrounds your scope in order to hold it to the receiver, the scopemount that is...
It has happened to me, more than once, that I have tightened it too much. Then you cant turn the magnification ring.
I thought it was that we were talking about.

Posts: 168 | Location: North of the Arctic circle,in Sweden | Registered: 15 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Asti and me are talking about the rear scope mounting ring. If the scope is mounted on the rifle loosen or remove it from the mounting rings and try the power selector. Did NECG have the scope with the rifle also?

til later

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is there a set screw that locks the power ring down????

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote