New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leupold Rifleman
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does the Leupold Rifleman have CLICK adjustments, Or just Friction?

Live every day like it was your last, because someday it will be!!!

Posts: 140 | Location: N. E. Ohio | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Friction.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2320 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Slatts
posted Hide Post
....or just friction????

It's funny how many folks now consider the click adjustments as being superior to the friction ones. It was once thought that the friction ones were better because they were infinitesimally adjustable, whereas the clicks were as adjustable in 1/4 MOA increments.

Posts: 468 | Location: Tejas | Registered: 03 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
The adjustments are friction.

But if you haven't bought one yet, I'd suggest taking a close look at it first. On the whole, Leupold makes good, solid scopes. But the Rifleman is the exception to that rule. There are a number of other scopes in that same price range that are superior in virtually all critical optical categories.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9379 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slatts:

It's funny how many folks now consider the click adjustments as being superior to the friction ones.

Yeah, on a hunting scope I wouldn't give you 2 bob for the benifits, if any, of clicks. Could be handy if you were blind, but then how do you hunt?

For benchrest target shooting one can adjust by counting clicks with out having to look at the disk.

But with target turrets, the settings are visable from the rear anyway.

I'm very happy with my friction adjust with its quick set zero ring.

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote