Find
Notify
Tools

spotting scope on a budget
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bc300winguy
posted
What is the most practical spotting scope I can get on a low budget $200-400. I was looking at a pentax and it look good in the store. I use my stuff in the field in all kinds who weather and at times hunting can be hard on equipment. Your thoughts.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Wind River which is made by Leupold. It works well in the field and is waterproof. It is within the budget you listed. Check Bearbasinoutfitters.com, that's where I bought mine.

Posts: 743 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 23 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dom
posted Hide Post
Minox MD50 pretty decent and in your price range. I first bought the MD62 for the bench, and was so impressed I got the MD50 for the field, Waidmannsheil, Dom.

-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom ---------

Posts: 728 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For a field unit you want to stay reasonably small and light or you'll leave it in the truck. With that and quality in mind you may want to take a look at the Pentax PF 63 Zoom or the Minox MD 50 These are both in your budget and we also offer either one in a show demo that would save you some more $$$ without losing anything.

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3664 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gr8fuldoug:
For a field unit you want to stay reasonably small and light or you'll leave it in the truck. With that and quality in mind you may want to take a look at the Pentax PF 63 Zoom or the Minox MD 50 These are both in your budget and we also offer either one in a show demo that would save you some more $$$ without losing anything.

Incidentally, all of Doug's "Demo" units are exactly like new a new one.