New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swarovski - Incredible service!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a pair of Swaro SLC 8x30. Bought them some 14-15 years ago, and they've been trampling the African bush ever since.

Needless to say, 15 years took their toll: lost/torn covers, AR coating dulled, eye adjustment wheel broken, some strange "fluffy" stuff visible against the inner wall when holding the binoculars backwards, and life scars on the body.

I took them to a Swarovski dealer in Switzerland (not even the one from whom I bought them), and asked him to send them to Swarovski Austria for service.

When the SLC came back, I opened the box, and thought that there was a mistake. I had there a brand spanking new SLC, with the new pop-out oculars (mine had the folding rubber ones).

Shiny new, lenses looking like new with a spotless AR coating, look as I could, I could not find the slightest indication that the binoculars had ever been used before.

Except for the serial number: this was my original serial number.

The attached bill was in German, detailing the works done, but the total amount was in International English: 0.00.

Yep. Zero charge.

Now, I'm still wondering if they did not just put my old serial number on new binoculars...

The bottom line is, I was impressed with Swarovski's quality before, but now they've got themselves a dedicated customer! Guess where my next scope will come from...

Philip

Posts: 1252 | Location: East Africa | Registered: 14 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Swarovski has been great to repair two of my bino's, one of my 4x scopes and three other friends including a Zim PH's bino's , all due to internal mold and or moisture in them.
Great serves but not happy with so many problems.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yup - best in the business

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Same thing with me. Had a pair about 20 years old. Sent them in for a tune-up and received a newer pair back in only a couple of weeks.

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hope this is what happens for me. I sent them my 8x30s that I purchased in 1994 that recently fogged up and they've had them for a couple of weeks.

Cheers,
Andy