THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nikon Monarch Opinion (6.5-20x44 illuminated)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted
Looks like this may be a good one for my .223 Bushmaster Varmint...Any users of this scope? I found a new in box one for $400 and that seems like a good deal for a quality scope...

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a good deal on the scope. I have no experience with the illuminated 6.5-20 but my 5.5-16.5 is a very nice piece of glass. (Just wish I hadn't bought the BDC reticle.) It is a clear step up from the Buckmaster, which is pretty nice itself. It's not quite as good as a Conquest, but it is a very good scope, much better than most, and that's a great deal. My only complaint is the adjustable objective rather than the side focus. I think that model also comes with target knobs.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Nikon Monarch is impossible to beat for the money. Excellent scope!

I have one with the BDC reticle that I used for the first time today. Hmm...I'm not sure what to think about that just yet. I'm kinda leaning in LWD's direction but the jury is not in yet.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote