THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Forget the range-finders questions...How are the Leica Geovids???

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forget the range-finders questions...How are the Leica Geovids???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
How do the rangefinders compare to the Leica Geovids!!!

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
Hey Wolfgar

Before I had the Leica rangefinder that would range up to 800 yards. Excellent piece of equipment.

Now I have the Leica Geovid 10x42's and they are excellent also. The binoculars are clear and bright and having the rangefinder in the bino's is convenient. This last season I sat in a blind with the Geovid and a pair of Swarovski 15x56's. I preferred the Geovid's. Maybe it was the depth of field or something but the Geovid's were better IMO. Just easy to look through.

I'm glad I didn't get the heavier 8x56's (38.8 oz) or the same weight but less magnification 8x42's. The 10x42's at 33.5 oz are definitely full size.

If you can bring yourself to fork out that much cash for the best there is, you won't be disappointed.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dom
posted Hide Post
I've had my Leica 10x40 BRF for over a year and absolutely positively love them. OK, they're expensive, but I only need the one item, vs. purchasing two items and packing two items. I was using a Swarovski 8.56 Bino, superb piece of glass, which I actually hated to sell them. But I don't regret going with the Leica's, Waidmannsheil, Dom.

-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom ---------

Posts: 728 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
They are as good as the Zeiss FLs. I have the Swaro ELs, Zeiss FLs and the Leica BRFs all 10 x 42. The Swaros are better, but not by much. The Leicas are as good as the Zeiss FLs....and they have a 1200 yard rangefinder. Get them, they're great.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1444 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wolfgar,

You only live once..............buy them.

I have a pair of 15X56's. Bloody fantastic for what I want, but for all round use buy yourself the 10X42's thumb

Verbera!, Iugula!, Iugula!!!

Blair.

Posts: 8808 | Location: Sydney, Australia. | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have had mine 8x42 for two years if something happened to them I would replace them.

Only down side is the battery wears down somewhat quickly in cold weather. I use two sometimes three batteries a year but Between archery and hunting and shooting I use them alot!

How do you guys with the higher powered ones hold them steady

one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
being able to range a frikken cedar tree at 1000 yards is priceless

in times when one needs a rifle, he tends to need it very badly.....PHC

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdier689:
I have had mine 8x42 for two years if something happened to them I would replace them.

Only down side is the battery wears down somewhat quickly in cold weather. I use two sometimes three batteries a year but Between archery and hunting and shooting I use them alot!

How do you guys with the higher powered ones hold them steady

Never had a problem, mostly rest against something...........my batteries lasted at least a year on my 10x42's and that included a month in Namibia. Bloody good bit of gear thumb

Verbera!, Iugula!, Iugula!!!

Blair.

Posts: 8808 | Location: Sydney, Australia. | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote