Find
Notify
Tools

Problem with Leupold VXIII???
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of nightwalker uk
posted
Contemplating purchasing a Leupold VXIII 4.5x40 LR, but am a little concerned about an article written on 6mmbr, regarding a problem with the side parallax correction on this scopes, can anybody enlighten me on this? Is it a problem,

Here is their quote -

"Leupolds are fine scopes, for example, but a few of them have tracking problems or canted reticles that need to be fixed right out of the box, and all of the side-focus models demand that you compensate for lash. Each time you adjust focus/parallax on these scopes, you need to rotate the side knob ALL the way back to the infinity stop and then work back slowly to best target focus. Trust us, this "dial-back" procedure is straight from Leupold's engineers and we can confirm it works."

Help please?

Posts: 418 | Location: Derbyshire, England | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
Seems they explained it very well to me...

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nightwalker uk
posted Hide Post
So those of you that have these scopes do that eachtime you alter the parallax???

Posts: 418 | Location: Derbyshire, England | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
While I cannot dispute these guys claims, I have no problem with the ones I own.

I have five Leupold 4.5 X 14 LR scopes with the Boone and Crockett reticle. My dad has more than that!

We have used them on everything from coyotes to deer to antelope to bears to wild hogs.

Two years in a row my dad has killed antelope in excess of 400 yards with his. He apparently is not having any parallax problems.

We have access to a ranch that has a gong set up at 400 yards and we have shot at it with a number of these scopes. With those scopes using the B&C reticle it is no problem to center punch that gong time after time.

So, if we are having any issues with the 4.5 X 14 LR scopes we must just not know about it. I just reach up and use the side focus when I need to and then try to put it back in the general area where I had it set before I messed with it. Works for me.

R Flowers

Posts: 1220 | Location: Hanford, CA, USA | Registered: 12 November 2000Reply With Quote