Find
Notify
Tools

Redfield Revolution 4-12x40 opinions please
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi there,
Been reading the specs on this relatively cheap scope and wondered what your take was on it. It'll be sat on a 17HMR which only comes out at night sporadically for rabbits - maybe once a month. It'll have a lamp attached to it too.
What are your thoughts gentlemen?

Posts: 158 | Location: South East England | Registered: 16 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a dealer friend who has sold several, and has even mounted one on one of his own rifles. He has had good feedback and no negative reports. Probably one of the best scope bargains out there.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i haveone on a 22/250 - been working just fine

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Been reading the specs on this relatively cheap inexpensive scope and wondered what your take was on it.

Haggie,

I purchased the Redfield Revolution 3-9x50; couldn't be more pleased with the value.

The 4-12x40 with the assist of a red or yellow filtered lamp you'll be in great shape on a 17 HMR.

Compared to Teutonic top brand name Deep-Woods midnight scopes it won't hold it's own when dark, but mine's just perfect until right @ after twilight on a Roe Deer stalking rifle.

Quality optic that tells you when it's time to go home when shooting Roe, holds zero & shoots right along with the capabilities of the rifle it's mounted on (itty-bitty groups).

For $189.00 from Natchez it was the Bargain of the Century IMO.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback lads, looks like I'll order one up.

Posts: 158 | Location: South East England | Registered: 16 October 2008Reply With Quote