New
Find
Notify
Tools

10X
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What is the max distance one could expect to shoot targets at 10 X ? Regular size targets that is. Thanks

Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation...

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Animal targets or paper targets?

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cheaptrick
posted Hide Post
Some guys shoot all the way out to 1000 plus yards with a fixed 10x scope.

cheaptrick.....out!!

Posts: 238 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Paper targets

One of Us
posted Hide Post
how big - postage stamps or billboards?? How good are your eyes?? how far will the rifle carry?? how high the moon??

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess I don't know what size a 600 yd target is. I am shooting a 300 win. How far could I see a milk jug at 10X?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
It is not uncommon for many match shooters to shoot w/ "iron" sights at ranges to 1000 yards and do quite well with them. A scope of 10 power is one heck of a more advantage than no magnification if you catch my drift. Believe the black portion of a 1000 yard target is some 42/44" in diameter w/ the x ring being something in the order of 10 inches or 1 MOA.
Most optic shooters want suffecient power to see the x ring and hold accordingly. I never could master the scope/power combo at long range for the steadiest of shooters will see the heart beat/wobble of such a scope even in prone position. A scope of more than 14/16 power in a sling/prone takes a very steady shooter and one able to shoot between heartbeats. It is there(wobble/heartbeat,etc.) with the micrometer sight as well, but you just do not see it and therefore does not enter into your decision to break the shot or not. Just from my own experience and sure others may have more to add.

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks I noiught the 2.5 X 10 because I got aheck pof a deal and I thought it would be adequate enough for hunting. I just want to maybe shoot milkjugs out to 600 or so

one of us
posted Hide Post
Let me try to type that again trying to watch the football and type at the same time. I bought the 2.5 X 10 because it was a heck of a deal and I thought the 10X was adequate for hunting. I was just hoping to maybe see milk jugs @ 600 or so

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Think like this, 10X or X/10 where X is distance

600/10 =60, at 60 yards do you se a Milk Jug? I belive that I do, however my eyes are fading fast.

/Chris

one of us
posted Hide Post
I didn't have any trouble seeing milk jugs @ 450 I think I will be able to see them at 600. Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
Not a worry, you'll be able to see them beyond 1000 yds with that scope.

Posts: 920 | Location: Mukilteo, WA | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With Quote