New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ebay restrictions on rifle scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
this may not be right place to post but since it involves scopes . I think its a good place. Been on phone with EBAY three consecutive days about not being able to bid on rifle scopes. when you try flag comes up item is restricted for export and I can't continue, they have found nothing wrong with my account but say they can't do anything about it because of the gov agencies, ITAR, and others which I called and they says its an ebay glitch. anyone else with same problem?

No matter where you go or what you do there you are! Yes tis true and tis pity but pity tis, tis true.

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
All you have to do is click on continue and proceed with the trascaction. It's just a warning about exporting/importing.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9407 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
click on continue and page comes up with orange flag stating the same gov. regs. has continue box also click on it page comes up again. ebay says they can't change it. need to talk to agencies which I did, and of course there are no restrictions on a scope. My wife tried with her account on a different lap top same thing but could bid from cell phone, Ebay said this morning they would have it fixed for no bid from cell. Again I have a perfect feedback.

No matter where you go or what you do there you are! Yes tis true and tis pity but pity tis, tis true.

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
I've only used a laptop. Glad they are getting it fixed. Those warnings take a few seconds to navigate though and have cost me a final bid in the waning moments of an auction.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9407 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the warnings won't let me bid won't go any farther but I don't look for them to fix it the people I talked with didn't even understand the problem . They have a "canned" response and not listening or not knowledgeable.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
deep in the hills Of Western North Carolina

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
I had the same problem a while back.
Called them and they said it was a problem with my state, that NC didn't allow scope sales. I corrected them and they saw the light. I'm in western NC as well. They said they got it fixed but alas I have not tried to buy a scope to find out.
Have you tried to buy a scope on eBay lately?

Posts: 1332 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I couldn't even get one US store to send me a two-quart GI water bottle. Fortunately another in the UK had them, same price, and their postage was cheaper.

Posts: 5106 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I have bought lots of scopes on eBay; it lets me do it; not sure why you can't get past the warning. Turn your computer off, then turn it back on. That is how I fix all computer issues.

Posts: 17281 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
I have bought lots of scopes on eBay; it lets me do it; not sure why you can't get past the warning. Turn your computer off, then turn it back on. That is how I fix all computer issues.

A friend says he no longer has any computer problems!

The computer is OFF! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68771 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Magnum Hunter 1 I've not tried to bid on one lately been buying axes . Go figure I can bid on axe but not on a scope!