New
Find
Notify
Tools

need scope rings
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
howdy folks. I have inherited my fathers first deer rifle. its a sporter built on a 1917 enfield. it needs a little work but im trying to restore it to the way it was when my dad used it. the scope base is marked "mashburn arms co." this base takes some strange rings. its a dovetailed base but too narrow for weaver rings. did mashburn make rings to fit this base? can I still get some? any help is greatly appreciated.

blaming guns for crime is like blaming silverware for rosie o'donnell being fat

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kelby rings use a narrow dovetail scope base.
http://www.kelbly.com/scope-rings

Mark

Posts: 1234 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks for the response mark. those look good but I'm looking for some "period correct" rings for this restoration project. I don't even know if mashburn made rings but I'm assuming they did because the base requires such an oddball width.

so......does anybody know about mashburn rings or maybe what rings were used with this base back in the day? thanks

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BTT

one of us
posted Hide Post
you need to call around as I believe Talley, Warne and perhaps others might make rings to fit..A good gunsmith can make about anything work..Measure the dovetails and go from there. if you can find a smaller dovetail ring then a smith can recut the dovetail to fit..

I have a hunch those dovetails were for the old Lynn Brownell rings, but they would be hard to find.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41970 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote