Find
Notify
Tools

30 mm tube scopes
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Tanoose
posted
My local shop has no 30mm tube scopes to compare. Can someone tell me what difference i would see, say if i were to compare a Leupold
vx-II 2x7x33 and there european 30 model which is a vx-II 2x7x33 but with a 30mm tube

Posts: 869 | Location: Bellerose,NY USA | Registered: 27 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cheaptrick
posted Hide Post
In short, the only difference you will find between the 2 scopes is that the 30mm tube will give you more W/E adjustments.
Everything else should be the same, optically speaking.

cheaptrick.....out!!

Posts: 238 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheaptrick:
In short, the only difference you will find between the 2 scopes is that the 30mm tube will give you more W/E adjustments.
Everything else should be the same, optically speaking.

+1

Given identical glass in each, you'll see no difference between the two. The 30 mm tube as said will give more W&E adjustment travel.

Don

one of us
Picture of Tanoose
posted Hide Post
Thanks guyus i wasn't sure if the sales man behind the counter new what he was talking about . I was told ny two different shops that the 30mm tube scope would bring in more light , and i thought this odd being both scopes are 2x7 by 33mm . Thanks again Tanoose

Posts: 869 | Location: Bellerose,NY USA | Registered: 27 July 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
You mentioned: "Bring in more light" Its my understanding, (correct me if I'm wrong) that do not "Gather" light, as some would say......Scopes only transmit light and you can't transmit somthing that is not there! It seems to me that the more important qualities about scopes are the resolution and the definition. That is, just how clearly the target, or object is defined......and of course, does the scope transmit all, or as much as possible of the available light at that time of day..........