New
Find
Notify
Tools

One inch at 25 equals ? at 100?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am sighting in my scope on my muzzle loader. It is 2" down and 1" left at 25 yards. If one inch is 4 clicks at 100 yards is that 16 clicks to the inch at 25? Or is it one click to the inch? My understanding of physics gets muddled some times. I think it it the former. I know I can just get to the range and sight it in at 100 in a week or so but can't get to the range until then. You folks that have done this a thousand times tell tell me again so that I can remember it this time. Flame on. "D"

Although cartridge selection is important there is nothing that will substitute for proper first shot placement. Good hunting, "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
1 click at 100 equals 4 cl. at 25 and 2 at 50.

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
THANKS! Andre. That's what I was thinking. Nice to go to the range one round closer to zero. "D"

Although cartridge selection is important there is nothing that will substitute for proper first shot placement. Good hunting, "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
D Hunter: Yes 4 clicks making 1" of bullet movement at 100 yards = (equals) 16 clicks making 1" of bullet movement at 25 yards.
I think the proper term here would be: Algebraic Formula as opposed to a Law of Physics!
I am not sure though - and I am a severe dyslexic as well - but your numbers (clicks per inch) are correct in my experiences so far anyway.
Good luck with the muzzleloader!
So using your new "Algebraic Formula" how many clicks to move 1" then at 200 yards?
How many clicks to move 1" at 400 yards?
How many clicks to move 1" at 300 yards?
More later
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote