New
Find
Notify
Tools

Conetrol?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know if Conetrol is still in business? Their website still accepts orders and the phone gives a message, but no response to orders or inquiries.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
they probably heard of you before

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DOH!

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Theres a thread somewhere on AR about Conetrol.Finally got mine.Just have lots of booze&antidepressants handy.Just keep calling,you are NOT the crazy one on the phone.

Posts: 877 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
.Just keep calling,you are NOT the crazy

obviously you don't know of biebs shocker

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Does anyone know if Conetrol is still in business?

I hope not.

While their mounts look nice when installed, they are some of the fussiest to use and lots of luck getting support from Control if a mount breaks.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
While their mounts look nice when installed, they are some of the fussiest to use and lots of luck getting support from Control if a mount breaks.

I have a matched set of Mauser 66 rifles in 30-06 and 375. The 30-06 is already scoped up in Conetrols, and I have an extra set on rings for the 375...just need bases to complete the pair.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
obviously you don't know of biebs shocker

Double DOH !!!!

One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
quote:

I have a matched set of Mauser 66 rifles in 30-06 and 375. The 30-06 is already scoped up in Conetrols, and I have an extra set on rings for the 375...just need bases to complete the pair.

Are you sure you want to do that?

That's a photo of the rear Control ring I had on an Encore 444 Marlin handgun. It broke whilst on a South Africa safari.

Now I realize anything can break and that handguns of that type have more than usual recoil but I discused the proposed usage with the guy from Control and he said no problem.

When I returned from South Africa, I mailed the defective ring and the still unbroken one along with the base to Control and asked for a refund. I got nary a response from them. I know they received the items since I had tracking information on it.

For guns with lowish recoil, they'll probably hold up; at least the ones on my 357 Herrett have but I would never use them on anything with significant recoil. In fact I would never use them ever again.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, a 444 Marlin in a handgun would be a test for any scopemount, I would guess! :-)