New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leupold CDS
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone tried a Leupold scope with the CDS feature? It is an interesting concept but I wondered how well it works in practice. New gadgets always appeal to me and this one has me curious.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Picked up a new VX-3L this fall; and thinking about CDS myself. I think you can send a scope to Leupold and they will do CDS for $150. Then I also get to thinking just more to go wrong.

Wife and I originally from Westmoreland Co., haven't been back for over a dozen years. Don't miss the taxes and such, (alot different in rural Ak); but sure miss the Burgh. Watched the Pens win their 10th in a row tonight and Steelers pull that one outta their butts Sunday night. I don't know how I could survive without direct tv, ha.

A old buddy who lives outside titusville got a buck on his farm on the first day. He had a game warden check him out in his front yard and this guy lives on an empty dirt road. My buddy said that has never happened before, kinda pissed him off.

Posts: 521 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 12 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Zhurh: It seems the wardens are much more agressive this season. It may be the result of a warden being killed by a poacher a few weeks ago. Since we have gone to this new system for deer there are a lot of opportunities for violations.
I have some retired friends from Quaker State Oil with farms in Titusville. Used to go there first day of doe season in the old days for the annual "mother's day" hunt. Great fun!

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote