Find
Notify
Tools

Vortex binoculars ???
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted
I just read a comparison test of these on another site and they came out tops against Leupold, Nikon Monarch, Brunton binoculars in the 8x42 and 10x42 class in the under $300 category. Has anyone used these and what do you think of the optics?? Thanks.

Elite Archery and High Country dealer.

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jackfish
posted Hide Post
You are likely referencing the Vortex Sidewinder roof prism binoculars. The Vortex company is associated with Eagle Optics in Middleton, Wisconsin. The Vortex Sidewinder is representative of a surge of new optics being manufactured in China. It is reasonable that they are comparable with the Chinese manufactured Wind River Cascade, Brunton Echo and Nikon Monarch ATB. I have only seen the Vortex Viper and Razor. The Razor is configured like a Swarovski ELs or Bushnell Elites and comparable optically. The Viper's view is very much like the Pentax DCF SP. The upshot is there are now a plethora of mid to low range roof prism binoculars that provide views only found in the most expensive binoculars just 15 years ago. All you can do is compare features and price and evaluate them if you can get your hands on them.

You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.

Posts: 1080 | Location: Western Wisconsin | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jackfish. The problem is getting them in my hands before the purchase. I prefer to look through them before buying. Unfortunately I can't find anyone local that handles them. They do seem to have a great warranty.

Elite Archery and High Country dealer.

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SempreElk
posted Hide Post
I am pretty sure that Eagle Optics will send you a pair to evaluate and refund your money if your not satisfied.

Posts: 1779 | Location: Southeast | Registered: 31 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jackfish
posted Hide Post
The Eagle Optics Ranger Platinum Class binoculars can be seen at your nearest Wild Birds Unlimited. I would guess they are better than the Vortex Sidewinder and have the great Eagle Optics warranty. By all means talk to the people at Eagle Optics for advice and possible demos.

You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.

Posts: 1080 | Location: Western Wisconsin | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote