Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions on the Zeiss HD5 3-15x42 Scope
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of South Pender
posted
This scope is no longer in production, but there are a few used ones floating around. The magnification range appeals to me, as does the fact that it has a 1" main tube. Does anyone here have experience with this scope and can offer an evaluation?

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
- Bertrand Russell

Posts: 166 | Location: Vancouver, BC Canada | Registered: 17 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by South Pender:
This scope is no longer in production, but there are a few used ones floating around. The magnification range appeals to me, as does the fact that it has a 1" main tube. Does anyone here have experience with this scope and can offer an evaluation?

I have the 2-10 version and love it.

Exception glass and I have moved it over a dozen blaser barrels.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of South Pender
posted Hide Post
That's helpful, Mike. Thanks.

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
- Bertrand Russell

Posts: 166 | Location: Vancouver, BC Canada | Registered: 17 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
I have two of the 5x25x50's and love them. Real good scopes for the money.

God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1381 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have that scope, like it a lot. Bought it used, don’t recall the price. It’s on a custom 22ppc prairie dog rifle.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2648 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
They are superb scopes. You won't be disappointed.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9406 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
I’ve had one for several years. Excellent glass and reliable trouble free performance. It’s been on one of my 270s, one of my 30/06s, and two of my 6.5 Creedmoor’s. It has about 2000 rounds under it with no issues

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1220 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote