THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Schmidt&Bender 4-16x50 Classic or other S&B with illuminated experiences??

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Schmidt&Bender 4-16x50 Classic or other S&B with illuminated experiences??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi guys posting here as well as in European hunting, so tell me has any one of you guys used the;

Schmidt&Bender 4-16x50 Classic

I am after a couple of missed chanses to score a late evening or night fox due to poor night optics contemplating this sight.

Today I use a 4-16x40 Weaver on this particular rifle and I feel seriously underscoped.

It´s all rather amusing my .22 Hornet has better night scope as well as my drilling however they are not to be switched around.

So any and all, chip in with insights and experience.

Best regards Chris

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No one?

/C

one of us
posted Hide Post
Chris
I have been using S&B scopes for over 25 years. They are excellent scopes.
Recently I have been using a 1-4 and a 1.5-6 with their illuminated reticle. I am also using a Swarovski 1.5-6 with an illuminated reticle. I can highly recommend the illuminated reticles.

I would want at least a 42mm objective lens for use in low light. If size and weight are not a problem the bigger the better.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi NE, I sort of know that they are topnotch, I have one in 1,25-4 staight tubed however, what I sort of wanted to know if any one handled this scope model?

It´s a sort of inbetween scope, the Sniper style guys do the Police line S&B and most others do the 1,5-6x42 or 2,5-10x56 style.

My problem is I do a lot of longerish range work and some longer distance hunting, the rest is 100+ meters barely and at night or lowligt, so I am wondering if the nr 1 reticle will show up, how well will it work and finaly am I better of with a illuminated reticle.

Thanks for your time and input/Chris

one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
I used the S&B 1.5-6X illuminated scope for a whitetail deer hunt in Saskatchewan, and I liked it. I have not tried the 4-16X50, but I don't think S&B makes any bad scopes. I liked their illumination system, and feel that they do add capability to a scope for some scanarios.

jim

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote