Find
Notify
Tools

Millet rings and recoil
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of prof242
posted
Have a big bore Ruger M77. Will the Millet rings with windage adjustment hold up to heavy recoil?

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had one break on a .35 Whelen. Quit using them as I think they can put a scope in a bind if you aren't careful. I just feel there are better set ups available like the Burris signature rings.

Posts: 326 | Location: Mabank, TX | Registered: 23 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had no problems with them.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Quit using them as I think they can put a scope in a bind if you aren't careful

I've gotta agree w/Joe on this one (and I'm pretty careful about mounting my scopes, too).

I had a Millet set that were on a Ruger #1 in .270 Winchester. I can't say what the exact cause was, the windage screws, the scope (a 3.5-10x50 Nikon Monarch), me or whatever but as soon as I took them off and installed a set of Ruger extension rings (w/the same scope) the rifle became a tack-driver.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Millets add too many variables into mounting a scope....4 different points of windage possibility, and not very robust to boot. The vertically-split Warnes are strong, simple, inexpensive, and give the rifle the look of a Talley mount without the expense.

Posts: 20139 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote