New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any thoughts on this?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am looking to buy a spotting scope. I have gone through a lot of old information here on this forum and get so confused on what may be the best for me and I need some advice. I am thinking of buying a Meopta spotting scope. I have about $1000 to spend and this would be about it for what I have seen. I want to have at least a 60x power as well because of all the sheep hunting I do.
Is there a better scope for this price out there? There are so many to choose but I just want the best optics and the lowest weight possible for this price. Any thoughts on the best mid priced $1000 spotting scope. Thanks

Posts: 894 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't had any experience with Meopta glass.....but I had several spotting scopes and my current Leupold gold ring 12-40 spotting scope is light and compact and has withstood riding in a case in a vehicle for many days/nights and several training school sessions and use at the range and in the field.....good flat field,bright and easy to adjust......the new more expensive HD version is supposed to be even better for more money? but even in low light this one is good....hth..good luck and good shooting!

bigdaddytacp

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have to 2nd the Goldring. I bought one a few weeks ago and use it extensively whitetail hunting in pretty open country. Many of the deer I watch are well over a mile away. It should be great when I start sheep hunting again.

Texas Verminator
Verminator Predator Calls Pro Staff

Posts: 261 | Location: Big Spring, Texas | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the Pentax PF80ED. Great scope. it has always been a top rated scope on the birding forums and those guys are very particular http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/pentax.pl?page=pf80ed

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3702 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote