Find
Notify
Tools

Ring Reducers
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Coltchris
posted
Anyone ever used Ring Reducers (Brownells #084-000-091) to mount 1" scope in 30 mm rings? I ordered a set to try until I obtain a 30 mm tube diameter scope. Just wondered if anyone has had success using them w/o any slippage and how they look.

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member

Posts: 837 | Location: NW Michigan | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Coltchris
posted Hide Post
Nobody? Or were they just so bad nobody wants to admit it!!!!

take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member

Posts: 837 | Location: NW Michigan | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chris,

Sorry about the lack of response.

I haven't tried the Ring Reducers yet but definately got my interest peaked on this article 'cause I've several good European fixed power scopes with 26mm tubes that WILL NOT fit into 1" rings.

I'm considering taking an outside chance and ordering the 30mm to 26mm reduction rings to put a 26mm 6x42 Kahles scope on a T/C Encore.

Especially since 2mm's worth of electrical tape under the rings isn't my idea of the way to proceed with this dilema.....

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Coltchris
posted Hide Post
Gerry: Thanks for the response; I'll let you know how the 30 mm to 1" work after I try them! I suspect they will hold the scope, but probably not look very good. Guess I'll probably have to spring for a new 30 mm scope!

take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of Coltchris
posted Hide Post
Received & installed reducers today. Not too ugly and they appear to work; of course the proof will after firing a few rounds.

take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of Coltchris
posted Hide Post
Received & installed the reducers today. They're not too ugly and appears they will work! However, the proof of the pudding will be after firing a significant number of rounds (probably not until Spring!!).

take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it was me, I'd probably use OD Tape... Big Grin