Find
Notify
Tools

Meopta scopes ??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello all,

Does anyone here have any experience with Meopta rifle scopes? Good / bad / ugly/ in different? How about warranty issues?

I've heard Meopta is one of the oldest "optics" makers in Europe and that supposedly the make lenses for some other well-known brands of scopes. Not sure if this is true or not.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Lonfeather1

Posts: 63 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 11 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
What specific line are you interested in? I'd be glad to elaborate. I've tried most save for the tactical series.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
It's certainly a good old brand.

Though I wouldn't want one myself, for my Luddite reasons, the modern ones seem very clear. The ones I've looked through seemed to have even more than the usual tunnel vision, though.

Posts: 4966 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Foxhunter223
posted Hide Post
I cannot tell you much, but I do have a 6x42 which seems to be a very clear scope to look through. Have used it at the range once and seemed to function well. It was on a Sako S491 222 that I bought. I replaced it with a 6x59 Pecar in period correct Sako mounts. Now it just sits in the gun safe with the other spares scopes.

Pete

Posts: 232 | Location: Northern NSW Australia | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Meopta scope I'm considering is the Meopta Optika6 3-18x50 Illuminated 4C 30mm SFP Riflescope.

Any thoughts on this particular scope?

Thanks

Posts: 63 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 11 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
I have had 8-10 Meopta scopes, primarily the Meopro line. I wish they were still made as I thought they were a great value for the money. I have no experience with their Illuminated models.

Posts: 1309 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by longfeather1:
The Meopta scope I'm considering is the Meopta Optika6 3-18x50 Illuminated 4C 30mm SFP Riflescope.

Any thoughts on this particular scope?

Thanks

I've used the same model albeit in 56mm format, and it worked very well. It's a big scope and certainly can't be called streamlined, but the optics are very good, and it tracks and retains zero like a scope is supposed to. The glass is good enough to use in strong moonlight for hogs, etc.

I actually prefer the cheaper MeoSport 3-15x50 over the Optika6. The glass is nearly as good, and the illumination system is a different one. In the worst of lighting, it adjusts to a much dimmer level than does the Optika6. That may not be an important factor for you, but it is for me.

Two things I don't care for on the Optika6 line include the ugly mag ring and that unsightly blue ring on the objective LOL. The MeoSPort is closer to a more traditional look.

Overall, Meopta scopes are rugged and reliable and have served me very well over the years. One of my favorites has been an R2 2-12x50 with BDC-3 reticle. I chose that reticle over the 4C simply because the dot is smaller and thus has less surface area, which means the intensity of the illumination on the lowest setting is in the acceptable range for moonlight usage. (It could still stand to be a little less intense, though.)

Here's the aforementioned MeoSport.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Bobby. Much appreciated.

Nice looking rifle by the way. Always liked single shots myself.