New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burris Fastfire Red Dot Sight
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone used this sight with the adaptor base for a Ruger rifle with integral base? I am thinking about putting one on my Ruger RSM 416 Rigby.

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
I put one on a RSM 458Lott back in 2011. Unfortunately I do not recall exactly what brand I used. However I did find a Weaver adapter base for the rifle and used the FF Weaver mount. The set-up worked fine but I sold the rifle the following year for a 458B&M Mdl 70. Also put a FF on the Winchester.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I have one on a tang-safety Ruger .458 Win Mag. It was mounted by American Hunting Rifles while they were checking over the rifle. I just ordered the parts.

I looked up the information and the mount part number from SWFA was:

BUR410332 Burris FastFire Mount
Matte, Ruger Rifles & Super Redhawk

The sight, also from SWFA, is:

BUR300235 Burris 1x FastFire III Red-Dot
Reflex Sight Matte, 3 MOA Dot

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks
Just ordered the mount you specified along with a Fastfire3.

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
I wish I had known. I would have offered you my FastFire 3 for a killer price.

My personal experience is that the FastFire is great for 50 yards and under. They suffer from parallax and at 50 yards it is easy to shoot a 6" group from standing but difficult to shoot better than a 3 in group from the bench. Beyond 50 yards....well good luck.

Notice how the front sight, dot, and rear sighting/index mark no longer line up. If this shot were taken with the dot on the target the shot would hit right. A shift of the head and they align for L-R zero. A further shift of the head and things move to the other direction. Taking a shot with the dot would then result in a hit to the left of the target. Worse, the parallax is vertical as well.

It's probably the bee's knees for rapid fire with pistols at 7, 15, and 25 yards.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote