Tools

An opportunity for someone?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted
Just noticed on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153150768299?rmvSB=true

Because I have one and getting such things out of the US is iffy, I won't be bidding. However, despite the low number, this one has the integral objective housing and an undrilled rail. The Dialytan is unusual in that it has a prismatic rather than refraction erector set. Stoeger showed them with the integral objective in their 1939 catalog but I've heard they later returned to the clunky-looking separate objective, perhaps as a war-time stop-gap measure.

Posts: 5011 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Here is another potential bargain. I just won a Balscope SR so I wont be biding on this one. Not sure about the quality of this particular scope, but the saddle mount alone is worth the current bid price. Not to mention the plethora of eyepieces. Could be a diamond in the rough. Dunno.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vinta...045573.c100033.m2042

Posts: 10159 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
If it helps you spot bullet holes farther away than you can see them now, you've made a good deal.

B&L is a make I really respect - I must look for something like that.

Posts: 5011 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
I have a vintage Bushnell Sentry II and an Atlas. They are both in excellent condition, that seems to mean a lot with these old scopes. The Sentry II is fantastic for how dated it is. The Atlas would probably be VG as well but it has a variable eyepiece that leaves a lot to be desired. I am anxious to see how the Balscope performs, they have excellent reviews all over the internet. I expect that old Tasco would prove superior to some of todays lesser products. Pending a good cleaning of course.

Posts: 10159 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote