THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    WHICH IS THE BETTER OF THE 3 RANGEFINDER SCOPES ($800 PRICE RANGE)??

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WHICH IS THE BETTER OF THE 3 RANGEFINDER SCOPES ($800 PRICE RANGE)??
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted
BURRIS,BUSHNELL,NIKON....ANY RECOMMENDATION AND WHY?THANKS!

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If your going to spend $800.00 why not a Leica or Swarovski?????????They are of better quality and are right in that price range.They both make their own lazers and processers and have a tighter beam,which gives you better reads at further distance.I Big Grin have had bad luck with Bushnell and Nikon(They share the same components)My Leica 1200 is great!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
+1 Olbiker, The Leica's are a good deal better than the ones you have mentioned and can be found within your price range. The Swarovski's are even better than the Leica's but you would probably have to find one in the Bargain Barn or used to be south of $800.........................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The new Swarovski Laser Guide 8x30 combines the highest quality standards of Swarovski SLC binoculars with the latest Laser range-measuring technologies, packaged together in a comfortable, compact, lightweight instrument. The result is unparalleled performance in terms of image quality and accuracy - even in poor weather and light conditions, as well as at long ranges. The result is that you have absolute certainty that you always aim at the right target.

Stock # Image Description Price
70002 Swarovski 8x30 Laser Guide Rangefinder

Green
Rangefinder
SWFA: $898.95

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contact us Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm CST at:

1-972-SCOPE-IT (726-7348)

I saw them somewhere else for $858.00.I will have to do some investigating. OB Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
Guy's are you reading the title of this thread
"WHICH IS THE BETTER OF THE 3 RANGEFINDER SCOPES ($800 PRICE RANGE)??" is he or is he not asking about scopes with built in range finders?......

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jwp475 I think you are right.That being the case it would not matter as all three are made by the same manufacture.Personally I think they are clumsey and make your rifle Top heavy.I tried a Rifle with one on at The Ducks Unlimited Outdoors last year and that was my impression. thumbdown

Picture of Bulls24/7
posted Hide Post
Rangefinding scopes are by and large junk IMHO.

Good luck with whichever you choose.

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Yes,I agree,I may pass on that concept and since I now have the Cute Lil Leica CRF 1200,I am set!! Thanks anyway gents! Smiler

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
since you don't mind spending some cash on optics, sell your current binocs and get some geovid demos from doug, their rangefinding capabilities have to be seen to be believed, I had a monarch 800, and to me it sucked, had trouble getting consistant readings on deer past 400

in times when one needs a rifle, he tends to need it very badly.....PHC

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote