New
Find
Notify
Tools

long range scope vs. budget
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
need a long range scope recommendation have 1000 dolar budget, have heard alot of rave over vortex diamond viper especially in comparison to nikon, have about half leupold and half bushnell experience in a dozen rifle scopes, have heard alot of rave about night force however their cost is always on the rise and way out of my price range, like to shoot and practice at the longer ranges not necesarily hunt at those ranges.

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
The Vortex high end scopes fit your budget and are very good quality with a great warranty.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Look at the Sightron SIII's.

One of Us
Picture of touchdown88
posted Hide Post
I've got a Vortex Viper HS LR 4-16x44mm that I picked up for $550. The scope tracks great and is a super buy for the price. When I get some more scratch, I'm going to buy another one for my 300 Roy.

Posts: 345 | Location: Ogden, Utah | Registered: 13 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bushnell Elite 4200 and 6500 dancing

one of us
posted Hide Post
s-w,

We bought a bunch (at least 10-12 among our group of Shooters/Hunters) of the Weaver Nitrex TR-1/TR-2's & Weaver Extreme's in the 4-16x50, 5-15x50 and 5-20x50 range from Natchez this past year when they were on "Special" or "Closeout". Exceptional value at a great price.

Heck for 1K, you coulda gotten 3 oustanding scopes.

Good Luck with your search.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote