THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    the difference a dedicated rimfire scope makes..

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

the difference a dedicated rimfire scope makes..
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
for years i have run standard scopes on my 22rf rifles ,i bought a new 1 a couple of years back after my son claimed the others i had..could never get it to shoot straight,tried a few different scopes had the trigger done bedding looked at.well i bought a Vortex crossfire 2-7 with the parrlex set for a rim fire,couldnt beleive the difference now have 5 shot groups with them all touching right on the money,just did 12 groups and still doing it.so if any body else is having similar problems maybe give the dedicated RF scopes a go

Posts: 157 | Location: N.E. Victoria Australia | Registered: 19 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I learned that same lesson many years ago. I had a Weaver 4x mounted on a Remington .22 and never could get groups much below an inch at 50 yd. I put a cheap Bushnell 1 inch tube .22 scope on it and the groups immediately tightened up to 5/8" or so. Now I use either an old target scope or a higher-powered variable, both of which have parallax adjustments.

Clarence

Posts: 303 | Location: Hill Country, TX | Registered: 26 December 2006Reply With Quote