THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Looking for input on ranging reticle scopes for ML'er

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for input on ranging reticle scopes for ML'er
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I posted this on the Muzzleloader Hunting Forum too.

I have an Encore and a Nikon Omega BDC 250 scope for it. The reticles match up as advertised. The scope died pretty early in it's life, maybe 40 rounds through, but long story short it was repaired by Nikon, and the reticle works.

I am interested if others have used different ranging reticles on their muzzleloaders, and which ones worked well, and simply! I have a new Savage ML'er and am trying to decide on it's final scope, I've got a Simmons Pro Hunter on it with a plain plex reticle for now.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
I picked up one of the Leupold ML scopes for a friend of mine. He also has an Omega. Both of us thought that the Omega had possibly too much eye relief. We also didn't like the big circles. The Leupold scope's reticle was a bit cleaner and easier to see. His was the 2-7 model. After setting up that one, I will be picking one up for my Knight Extreme.

Elite Archery and High Country dealer.

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
dont know why you need a RF retical on a muselloader my encore is zeroed 1 and 1/2" at 100 and im confedent out to 250 yards

Posts: 10 | Location: Se. Oklahoma | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote