Find
Notify
Tools

Leupold LPS Scope
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
How does the Leupold LPS scope compare to the
Euro. scopes ( Zeiss, Swarouski, Schmidt & Bender) under low light conditions.

Thanks in Advanice

One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
Anyone even seen one of these scopes on a rifle?

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have three rifles wearing a LPS scope; two of them are 2.5X-10X and the other is a 1.5X-6X (discontinued). I've also got a Swarovski 3X-10X and I can't see the optical difference between them. The Swarovski's eye relief is much shorter, however.

If you want to see a LPS on a rifle, send me a private message and I'll email a photo to you.

Good hunting,
Jim

Posts: 48 | Location: Helvetia, Oregon | Registered: 14 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim
You have a PM

one of us
posted Hide Post
I compared the LPS 2.5x10 to the Swaro Pro-Hunter 2.5 x10. I like the swaro reticle and the Swaro is about 2 oz lighter. The LPS has over 4" of eye relief. The Swaro is about 3.2". Optically, to my 65 year old eyes, it is a wash. I bought a NIB LPS from one of our members for 700 and change. The best I could find on the Swaro was about $1330.

Posts: 336 | Location: Central PA | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have three LPS scopes on rifles and think highly of them. I love the eye relief! I don't think the European scopes are worth the extra money and I have 6 of them. Buy the LPS and you'll be happy!

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote