Find
Notify
Tools

Pocket binocs
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
I'm planning a trip to Namibia and really don't want to lug along my Nikon Monarchs. Anybody have a favorite pick for affordable pocket binocs of say, 6 power, that work OK with glasses wearers?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16532 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Leica 10x25 and they are great. But I would go with the 8 power if I were to buy again. As a matter of fact I'll sell these and get a different set. The 10 power is great in the open areas but I also got them for bowhunting and the field of view is too small for deep woods use. That is the only reason I will change. Several of my friends have used them and imediately purchased the same due to the high optical quality.

Keith

Posts: 153 | Location: God's country Northern Minnesota | Registered: 29 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have Nikon Travelite IV 9x25 that fit in my pocket when hunting for the past couple years. They couldn't be any better for me. They fold up to 3.6" wide and fit in a shirt pocket, barely. But when hunting, they are usually in a jacket pocket. At 9 ounces, they are under the radar of me feeling that I am carrying something, barely. I carry them in my car for reading street signs and bumper stickers. My niece says I look like a stalkerFrowner

Now they call them Travelite V:
http://www.swfa.com/c-657-nikon-travelite-v-binoculars.aspx

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote