New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kahles need to be fixed
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
How do I get a Kahles scope looked at???
I've called and get a recording and they don't call back.. Seems there was someone in VT or NH that was doing US business for them???
TIA..
JIM...........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~O^O

Posts: 513 | Location: Palmetto State | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is the last info I had when I had my Kahles scope repaired:

Beth Pratt
208-476-0600
Khaybes
2170 Carney Dr
Orofino, ID 83544

Fairly fast turn-around time when I sent mine in early 2013.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 620 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1433 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i am not 100 percent sure but i thought S&B took over kahles and the s b repair people are in new hampshire. i would try them if you havent found anyone.I can say the S&B repair service is second to none in my limited experience.

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Brousseau:
i am not 100 percent sure but i thought S&B took over kahles and the s b repair people are in new hampshire. i would try them if you havent found anyone.I can say the S&B repair service is second to none in my limited experience.

Do you mean just the American-distribution aspect?

I do know that Swarovski took over the company at one stage. Anyway, serious Kahles repairs might require the scope to be sent back to Vienna (or wherever the factory is now) as per that website above.

Posts: 5106 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
on kahles site they give:winchester australia limited. phone nbr. +61 3 5245 2428. this is for services.they probably ship back to austria to be repaired as with s&b. in the states i see they are now located in orifino idaho. all this info from kahles web site in u.s.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you still need it here it is:
PAGE INFO
Address
9190 Lower Fords Creek Rd, Orofino, Idaho 83544
Hours
Mon-Fri:
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Short Description
HPS Optic is the exclusive importer and distributor of Kahles Optics in the United States.
Long Description
HPS Optic is the exclusive importer and distributor for Kahles Optics in the United States. We are your point of contact fo... See More
Products
Kahles K15i, Kahles K16i, Kahles K312i, Kahles K624i, Kahles K1050, Kahles Helia rifle scopes, Kahles Helia 5 rifle scopes, Kahles binoculars.
Phone
(866) 606-8779
Email
info@hpsoptic.com
Website
http://www.KahlesUSA.com
quote:
fixed

"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
Mark Twain

Posts: 665 | Location: Texas | Registered: 04 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just got my 1.1-4.5X20 Helia S back from Kahles.
Sent last week of February.
Set Parallax
Sealed Scope
Filled with Nitrogen
Erector System Repaired
Focus Control Repaired
Reticle Cleaned inserted and Adjusted
About 6 weeks---NO Charge
Watch for it in Classifieds

"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
Mark Twain

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Any idea where they sent it, Lawdog? Also, I don't suppose you know what was wrong with the erector system?

Posts: 5106 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It went back to Austria. No idea about the erector.scope was working fine, Sent it because I had noticed a "halo"of moisture around the objective lens.

Mark Twain

one of us
posted Hide Post
Kahles is the sister company to Swarovski, I would contact them and see if they can help.

Posts: 1179 | Location: scotland | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had two done, sent to Idaho then off to Austria. I don't believe Swarovski has anything to do with Kahles repairs now.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine went to Austria thru Idaho as well. I explained that I needed the scope for a safari in first week of June when I sent it in..I was told to include that in my cover letter. He thought they would have it in time for my trip. Two months out and it's back. Very easy and pleasant to deal with. All in all great service. Great product..

Mark Twain

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lawdog:
It went back to Austria. No idea about the erector.scope was working fine, Sent it because I had noticed a "halo"of moisture around the objective lens.

Thanks Lawdog. I don't suppose you had noticed any change in bullet impact over time? I suspect erector tubes may get dented under recoil or bashing against the turret screws in returning to battery. Scraping against the windage screw under this inertia/spring process could take metal off the tube, leading to lateral movement.

Wear at the pivot point could also cause the erector tube to move fore and aft eventually, leading to parallax problems.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The last session I had at the bench. I fired 30 rounds, just about enough for me with a 375 H&H. This session was after installing a Timney trigger. There was no noticeable change in impact but it was a tighter group with the better trigger. Subsequent to the bench session, I fired it was at a white tail buck at 125 yes. Hit the point of aim. All of this was with the Kahles I sent off for repair. I have not remounted the scope yet, and may not, as I mounted a 3x9 to be ready for a plains game safari first week of June. Knowing nothing of the internal workings of a scope I wonder if perhaps the moisture caused some corrosion to the erector system?

Mark Twain

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Thanks Lawdog. That tighter group thing could be the clue. My comments were not directed at Kahles in particular, as all makers I know of now use image-movement, which requires a Mini-me scope to rock around around inside.

One of Us
Picture of Arminius
posted Hide Post
I am not sure, but I think Swarovski and Kahles are separate now. Kahles is in Vienna, Swarovski in Tyrol.

As for quality, I have a friend, who buys whatever he wants without regard to money ( and shoots it VERY well ), he thinks VERY highly of Kahles!

Is there some truth to the persistent rumor, that on Barret 50´s US Army and USMC Operators prefer Swaro and Kahles scopes?

Hermann

formerly, before software update, known as "aHunter", lost 1000 posts in a minute

Posts: 339 | Location: Middle Europe | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote