New
Find
Notify
Tools

25-50-100-200 yd rimfire scope Hunting/Target
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is there a scope/reticle capable of being used for small game hunting with a .22 LR at 10-70 yds; varmints(woodchucks, etc.) out to 125 yds and target shooting 100-200 yds with out needing to resight from close range to intermediate range or to 200 yds. This assumes that the rifle/shooter can shoot accurately at long range.

Posts: 339 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim M.:
Is there a scope/reticle capable of being used for small game hunting with a .22 LR at 10-70 yds; varmints(woodchucks, etc.) out to 125 yds and target shooting 100-200 yds.....

Check out a Bushnell Banner Dusk/Dawn 6x24x40 w/AO.

quote:
.....target shooting 100-200 yds with out needing to resight from close range to intermediate range or to 200 yds. .....

Not sure what u mean here?!

I write down the up/down click counts - for zeros at 25, 40, 60, 75, and 100 meters to quickly get close but I'll always shoot to check/make final adjustments for targets.

________
Ray

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
.....target shooting 100-200 yds with out needing to resight from close range to intermediate range or to 200 yds. .....

Not sure what u mean here?!

I write down the up/down click counts - for zeros at 25, 40, 60, 75, and 100 meters to quickly get close but I'll always shoot to check/make final adjustments for targets.

The problem is the trajectory of the round. .22LR is just not a flat shooter. You'll either need to count clicks or use a reticle with multiple aiming points.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LWD:

The problem is the trajectory of the round. .22LR is just not a flat shooter. You'll either need to count clicks or use a reticle with multiple aiming points.

LWD

Jim and LWD,

That Bushnell scope I mentioned above also comes in a mil-dot reticle for multi-aiming points. But....Like I mentioned before "I would always recheck the zero for each range I had $$ riding on the target outcome!"

________
Ray

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With Quote