Find
Notify
Tools

How much does .019" translate @100yds?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jay Gorski
posted
If I were to put a .019" shim(which I figure id need to keep reticles centered) under my rear picatinny rail to alleviate my elev. issue, how much would that raise my POI?

Then, please tell me how one shims a scope w/o putting shims between the scope and the rings, Im not doing that to save my life, btw?

If you havent seen my rings yet, click on the youtube link.

http://youtu.be/cEmnTIt52qE

Posts: 1745 | Location: WI. | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My model 600 Rem requires a shim beneath the rear mount in order the level the mounting platform. The shim came with my Weaver style base (brand????) So to answer your question the shim should be under the mount though I am surprised that a shim wasn't provided if needed. BTW, I mounted my scope sans the shim and couldn't get enough elevation and a light went on in my brain and I thought "Oh, oh and unh hunh".

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jay Gorski
posted Hide Post
The only thing i can think of is Burris needs to make their rear base that much thicker to ensure Remington rifles will have enough elev. maybe remington receivers are made a bit thinner in the rear now, who knows, then there's still the issue of the windage problem, lets all put our heads together on that one.And no, I dont think the base screw holes are off center. I can always swap scopes since I have the same scope on my 223. to see if it has the same problem, that would rule or not rule out a scope issue.

Posts: 1745 | Location: WI. | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With Quote