THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Swarovski STS65 and STS65-HD... What's the difference???

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swarovski STS65 and STS65-HD... What's the difference???
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted
OK... I'm pretty sure I've narrowed down my spotting scope choices to the STS65 or the STS65-HD but am a bit confused as to the real world differences between the two... Confused

The HD is for High Definition? Is there much difference between the two? killpc

Does Zeiss offer a comparable product and is it comparable to the HD? bewildered

OH... One more thing... Any clue as to whether or not Swarovski will be offering new models of spotting scopes at Shot Show? thumb

$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Frowner

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The real world difference comes more into play when digiscoping than with viewing. If you have no intentions of using it with a camera then you can save the $$$$ and get the STS.

Zeiss offers the FL T* Diascope which is closer in quality to the HD and closer to the non-HD in price.

As far as new scopes at Shot, my salesman says no but he could be lying Confused The truth will be seen the second week of January, which of course is two weeks after everyones price increases Mad

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3702 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Doug,

You're such a wonderful resource... Thanks a bunch... thumb

$bob$

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bob

You are going to drive yourself nuts with all of these optical decisions. Slow down. rome wasn't built in a day you know. Big Grin

one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Who? dancing Me? jumping Nuts? lefty banana 2020 I can't killpc imagine hammering what clap you beer mean BOOM ..... Nuts? dancing Me? jumping

$bob$

one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
OK... I've picked up a good used STS 65 and am now officially a happy, although somewhat nuts, camper... banana

Thanks to all who helped... thumb

Merry Christmas to me...... dancing jumping dancing

$bob$