New
Find
Notify
Tools

bushnell elite 6500 1.25-8X
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I gave up on getting to see one of these, bit the bullet, and ordered one for my 416 Rigby. The prospect of the claimed 6 inches of eye relief was just too tempting.
First off, the eye relief is great. Unfortunately, it seem that packing that much zoom into a scope requires too much compromise. The image isn't great, and there is a lot of distortion at the periphery. Panning around puts more "wowing" into the view than I have ever seen in a rifle scope.
Admittedly, I have been spoiled with good European optics, but I wasn't expecting a Zeiss or Swaro for this kind of money. I was expecting better than this, however.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
I just got one as well to try for my Mauser M03 in 375 H&H. Went back in the box less than an hour from coming out.

Not recommended. Agree with all of Marty's comments about the distortion and image. And the 6" eye relief doesn't allow me to mount it far enough forward to hold my rifle properly.

Man, I wish I could afford the s&B 1-8x24 Frowner

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote