THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Vortex Crossfire AO 6.5-24x50 Mil-Dot Non-Illuminated

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vortex Crossfire AO 6.5-24x50 Mil-Dot Non-Illuminated
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Vortex Crossfire AO 6.5-24x50 Mil-Dot Non-Illuminated Riflescope is now available.

Vortex has started shipping the Crossfire AO 6.5-24x50 Mil-Dot Non-Illuminated.

From the Vortex Web Site:

Only one thing separates you from the fray of wannabe trophy hunters. A trophy. But that's okay. We can help with that. That's right, you can make big things happen when you take aim behind the Vortex Crossfire riflescope. Built to exceed the performance standards of similarly-priced riflescopes, the Crossfire riflescope is standing by-ready and more than willing to assist you with filling that tag.

6-24x50 riflescope is ideal for tactical, long range, predator/varmint, and target applications.
Mil Dot reticle is useful for helping estimate range, windage and bullet hold-over. Good for long distance shooters and hunters who need the ranging ability. The Mil Dot subtensions are accurate at 14x.
Adjustable objective (AO) allows maximum precision on small targets.
30mm main tube offers improved windage and elevation adjustment along with greater strength.
Tall capped turrets allow quick and easy field adjustments.

Optical Features
Fully Multi-Coated Lenses Increase light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces.
Construction Features
30 mm Tube Allows greater windage and elevation adjustment travel along with greater strength compared to the one-inch tube.
One-Piece Tube Maximizes strength and waterproofness.
Aircraft-Grade Aluminum Premium grade of aluminum, valued for fatigue resistance.
Fast Focus Eyepiece Allows quick and easy reticle focusing.
Tall Capped Turrets Maximizes ease of windage and elevation adjustments in the field.
Reset Turrets Allow re-indexing of the turret housing to zero after sighting in the riflescope—generally requires use of a coin or wrench.
Adjustable Objective Uses an adjustment mechanism on the objective lens to fine-tune focus for the purpose of reducing parallax shooting error.
Sunshade Reduces glare and sun reflection off the objective lens.
Waterproof Optics are sealed with O-rings to prevent moisture, dust, and debris from getting inside the binocular.
Fogproof Barrels are filled with nitrogen gas to inhibit internal fogging.

Magnification 6-24 x
Objective Lens Diameter 50 mm
Eye Relief 3.1-3.3 inches
Field of View 18.6-4.6 feet/100 yards
Tube Size 30 mm
Turret Style Tall capped
Adjustment Graduation 1/4 MOA
Max Elevation Adjustment 75 moa
Max Windage Adjustment 75 moa
Parallax Setting 10 to Infinity
Length 15.2 inches
Weight 23 ounces

Mil Dot Reticle
Originating from the US Marine Corps., this reticle is useful for helping estimate range, windage, and bullet hold-over. Good for long distance shooters needing ranging ability

Included:
Sunshade
Removable lens covers
Dust cloth
VIP Unconditional Lifetime Warranty

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3648 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Harold R. Stephens
posted Hide Post
Do you, in your opinion, think this scope can handle the recoil of a 7MM STW or other type magnum caliber?

Thanks for all you do to get info and quality products to your customers and the public in general.

Founding member of the 7MM STW club

Member of the Texas Cull Hunters Association

Posts: 512 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would recommend the Viper 6.5-20x50 instead as it will handle anything you put it on. Crossfires can be used, however, it is not as durable as the Viper series.

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3648 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Harold R. Stephens
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

I have the Crossfire on my 30-06 and thought that I would need to move up to the Viper for the STW. By the way I love the Crossfire scope and if the Viper is better, then I can't see me using anything else. If it tracks well too, then I am set for some long range pig shooting.

Founding member of the 7MM STW club

Member of the Texas Cull Hunters Association

Posts: 512 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote