New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bushnell Sentry Spotting Scope 18-36x 50mm
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need a spotting scope a friend said he has one for sale. A Bushnell Sentry Spotting Scope 18-36x 50mm
Anyone ever use one?
Thanks

Posts: 2663 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I asked the forum about the Bushnell Legend and Elite spotters I got some feedback, but it wasn't positive. Looking at Optics Planet, the people who bought the Sentry and wrote reviews seemed to like it for its price.

sputster

Posts: 760 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
When I used to be Chief Range Officer at the local range, we bought Bushnell Sentry spotting scopes for use on the range by folks who forgot to bring their own (or didn't own one).

We bought Sentries because they were adequately clear for use spotting .17 & .22 bullet holes at 100 yards, and were relatively sturdy and focused better compared to some of the real cheapos available.

But pretty much all of the more serious shooters who used the range regularly, bought something better for their own use.

So my comment would be that the Sentry will work fine if low cost is important to you and you want a scope that has reliably "adequate" optics and is fairly sturdy.

If you want or need GOOD performance and long-term sturdiness though, I'd recommend you buy a somewhat more expensive model.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote