New
Find
Notify
Tools

WWII German Sniper Scope?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Pictured below is what i believe is an authentic WWII scope. I understand that to adjust the windage, the dovetail base is driven right or left. Elevation i am not so sure. The little dial on top adjusts focus but when the turret is turned, it seems to have no affect on point of impact. Is the scope not functioning correctly or am i missing something?

Curtis

Posts: 706 | Location: Between Heaven and Hell | Registered: 10 June 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
There seems to be 2 adjustments on the turret. The center part, and the outer ring. One of those is probably the elevation adjustment. I have a sporterized Eddystone with an old Weaver variable. It has the windage and elevation adjustments in the rear ring. That's a real nice looking setup.

Posts: 14 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: 05 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think that the idea is the outer ring adjusts elevation but it doens't move in the bore sighter. Was hoping someone with experience had worked on this type of scope or used one and could shed some light.

Posts: 706 | Location: Between Heaven and Hell | Registered: 10 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks way to modern to be a WWII snipers scope.

Try posting your enquirey here

You are more likely to get a qualified reply on there .

Posts: 618 | Location: UK | Registered: 17 March 2012Reply With Quote