Find
Notify
Tools

range finder
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ted fries
posted
i have a leopold rx-11 rangefinder. ive had it for around 4 years and i never had opertunity to use it further then 200 yds which it works fine for at this short range. it was and is advertized to be accurate out to 750 yds so i thought id be good with this model.

now i try it at further yardage and anything further then 300 ydsw it just doesnt read the yards for me. am i doing something wrong or is this rangefinder defective?

Thanks

Ted

----------------------------------
when all is said and done...more will be said then done

Posts: 134 | Location: alaska | Registered: 26 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most of the cheaper rangefinders don't give accurate readings out to the distances advertised from my experience and from others I have read about. If you have a very large target they may work. However, it seems to me that yours should work much farther out than 200 yds. I would contact Leupold and send it in. I believe they have one of the best warranties in the business. What size target were you trying to range?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had the Leupold 800's and they sucked. If the object wasn't the size of a barn you couldn't get a reading. I sent them back to Cabela's and they took them back with no quesitons as always.

I then bought a good one. Leica Geovids.