New
Find
Notify
Tools

any opinions on Weaver Classic V10 2x10-38
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just got 1 as a spiff & trying to decide if I want to try it or move it on.. thanks

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't had that particular model, but do have a few of the new weavers - they're good scopes - no problems at all with any of them

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jackfish
posted Hide Post
I had one. I no longer do. I just couldn't get used to looking down a tube. No matter how it was adjusted there seemed to be a ring of black around the image which obviously did not fill up the entire potential sight viewing area.

You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.

Posts: 1080 | Location: Western Wisconsin | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dogcatcher223
posted Hide Post
I had one, and my experience was exactly the same as Jackfish. That scope has a lot of black ring when you look down it for some reason. I own a 3x9 and it is not like that. I bought the V10 because I liked the V9 so much, but the V9 is better in my opinion.

one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
I have a few of the Classic Weavers. Great optics. They were once made in same Japanese factory as the Nikons, in fact you couldn't tell the difference between the two when you had them side by side. I think they are wonderfully clear optics for the money, and rugged as well. I can't recall the big black tube effect on my Weavers, sounds like incorrectly adjusted eye relief to me.

Elite Archery and High Country dealer.

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, black ring sounds like eye relief.

What's a "spiff" ???

one of us
Picture of jackfish
posted Hide Post
quote:
sounds like incorrectly adjusted eye relief to me

Do you or did you have a Weaver V10 2-10x38mm scope? It was not a matter of incorrect eye relief. At any usuable eye position there was a black ring between the image and the extent of the eyepiece. I have a Weaver V3 and it does not have this condition that I have seen many times attributed to the V10.

You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.

Posts: 1080 | Location: Western Wisconsin | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hate that black ring so much that I sold a couple of Swarovski 2.2-9 Helia scopes I used to own. I will not buy any scope that cannot design that ring out of the view.
bigbull

Posts: 402 | Location: CANADA | Registered: 06 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I mounted the scope on a 23" T/C contender barrel. It does have a black ring at all positions within the rings on the rifle. I will play around with it it is just a snake rifle anyway.

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
mine has the black donut too