Find
Notify
Tools

Becoming a huge fan of E-Dot's
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted
I just had a great day at the range. Coolish in the low 50's with a nice bit of threatening grey in the skies.

I have a fair mix of scopes. I'd say it's on the high side of the mid-range. A VXIII 2.5-8 on my Bob, an FXIII 6x42 on my No.1, a Zeiss Conquest 1.8x5.5 on my .350 RMag. And a Burris 1.1-4 Euro Diamond e-Dot on my .375.

I don't know if I'm losing my mind or what. They're all darn good scopes. I give the nod to the Zeiss overall, but that's scope's a wonderful anomoly in it's clarity.

Anyway, the scope that really stood out to me was the Burris e-Dot. Maybe I'm just nuts, but I am really, really starting to like the e-Dot option. On dark targets that dot stood out. Black crosshairs on black targets, for instance, are a bit more difficult to pick out. But that e-dot? I was really, really surprised.

On normal sunny days, an e-dot doesn't make much difference. But darned if it wasn't a big standout on today's cloudiness. And moreso in dimmer light.

So I'm sitting here typing away thinking about how I'd sure like to put an e-dot on my 7mm Mauser...or how I'd like to have a bit more power on the .375 for plainsgame (one day!). And the strange thought is that I definitely want an e-dot reticle. I almost feel like a sell-out. The e-Dot just feels, well, right to me.

Is anyone else out there becoming an e-Dot fan?

(PS: I'm a fan of the e-dot imposed over a crosshair. No way would I want to go with a pure electric scope. I like the idea of backing up the e-dot with physical crosshairs.)

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2314 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
been a fan for years. i seem to have this thing about finding animals at last light, & i've lost count of the things i've shot using the red dot. i do like just a small red dot thought not the whole reticule lite up, that get to be to much light

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote